How Yes began its groundbreaking transition to all-IP with broadcast-equivalent latency
- To phase out DTH satellite service and move to allIP by 2026.
- To be the world’s first provider of cloud-based, internet-only TV services with broadcast-equivalent latency on the Yes+ LIVE OTT platform.
Infinite Platform, a secure cloud-based platform, along with end-to-end video network technologies, including the Edge Media Streamer private CDN and virtualized Digital Content Manager (vDCM), deployed on AWS.
- Leverages smart algorithm for adapting latency based on the subscriber’s bandwidth quality
- Minimizes latency at every stage of workflow – from encoding, through CDN, to player
- Offers carrier-grade IP streaming and VOD services with low latency at minimum bandwidth
- Gives 170k subscribers consistent, high-quality viewing experience with no interruptions or buffering
- Enables Yes to control service quality, streamline operations and reduce operational costs
- Runs AWS-hosted control plane on Android TV devices to deliver rich restart/catch-up TV and cloud DVR experiences
What Yes. said…
Only Synamedia offered an end-to-end solution able to meet all of our requirements, ensuring we avoided the need to integrate any third-party products.
Itzhak Elyakim, Vice President of Engineering and CTO