How CBC/Radio Canada Transitioned from SDI to IP-based Infrastructure while Pioneering Upgrade to SMPTE 2110 Standard
- To transition from SDI to IP-based infrastructure amid relocation to CBC’s new broadcast center.
- To become one of the first North American broadcasters to upgrade to SMPTE 2110 suite of standards.
End-to-end solution featuring encoding/transcoding, multiplexing, receiving, and monitoring and network management via:
- Virtualized Digital Content Manager (vDCM)
- Video Network Service Manager (VSM) management solution
- PowerVu Professional Receiver
- Transitions to a software-based solution with redundancy in parallel with CBC data center relocation
- Leads the way in upgrading to latest SMPTE 2110 standard with no quality downgrade
- Harnesses robust state-of-the-art technology accompanied by exceptional customer service
- Deepens Synamedia-CBC professional relationships at engineering/product management/sales levels to provide customer with greater, long-term value