Apr 18, 2022
by Christelle Gental, Vice President of Marketing and Fernando Amendola, Senior Director Marketing & Strategy, Video Network
Over the past two years, like so many others, we’ve been eager for the opportunity to safely reunite in-person with our customers, colleagues and friends across the media and entertainment industry. We’ve been looking forward to sharing our innovative technology and we’re thrilled that the opportunity has finally presented itself at NAB 2022.
This year you can find us at booth W10113 where we’ll demonstrate how we’re empowering the streaming content era. Stop by for informative demos and to hear more on how our products are helping video providers and content owners engage their audiences, secure services and content revenue and deliver top quality video to any screen, anywhere, anytime.
In addition to our main booth, you can also find us throughout the show floor alongside several of our industry partners. We’re excited for the many collaborative activities we have planned, bringing our integrated solutions into partner booths as well as speaking on panel sessions.
Where Will Synamedia Be?
Our security and media cloud services teams will be participating in a series of informative panels and presentations:
- CMIP Debate Theater (W10619): Hear from our Vice President of Security Business Development, Itzik Vager on Sunday, April 24th from 4:20 – 5:00 p.m. PT. In this session, Itzik will elaborate on how to reduce content piracy in the internet era alongside a panel of other security experts. The session will dive into the current state of the market and examine the emerging trends that content owners and operators need to consider.
- CMIP Theater (W11100): Continuing to reinforce our security expertise, hear more on demystifying key OTT trends – from targeting pirates to targeting audiences, from our Vice President, Solution Engineering, Maria Ingold on Monday, April 25th from 12:20 – 12:40 p.m. PT. It’s undeniable that companies lose money to piracy. What might not be as distinctive is the revenue that can be made from tapping into precise business insights that enhance viewing experiences. In this session, Maria will focus on the immense gains from tapping into the strong potential of business insights and intelligence.
- AWS M&E Theatre: Interested in hearing more on how you can grow revenue and engagement with targeted advertising? Visit the AWS M&E Theatre on Monday, April 25th at 12:30 p.m. PT to hear from Jeremy Bradley, Director, Business Development, Advanced Advertising. Jeremy will share how Synamedia Iris can enable addressability across all screens and services, helping service providers reach highly targeted audience segments and efficiently measure campaign effectiveness.
Our Video Network team will have the floor covered showcasing the many ways our technology makes high-quality, immersive viewing experiences a reality around the world.
- NextGen Now (CONNECT Implementation Experiential Zone W8534): NextGen Now, presented by Heartland Video Systems, Inc. (HVS) aims to help broadcasters understand some of the challenges of implementing the standard in local markets. Visit the CONNECT Implementation Experiential Zone for daily presentations between 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. PT to learn more about Synamedia’s leading vDCM video processing, compression, and multiplexing technologies and hear more about our involvement in recent ATSC 3.0 market launches. Complementary, we will also showcase a live demo of the entire air-chain with Triveni’s Gateway, Rohde’s exciter, displayed on a Samsung TV.
- Verizon (Booth W6416): 5G brings immense opportunity for the media and entertainment industry! With increased reach thanks to unprecedented number of connected devices, new immersive video experiences thanks to low latency and high bandwidth, incredible scalability leveraging 5G’s Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC). We are teaming up with Verizon to help seize these opportunities and reinforce how Synamedia’s Video Network portfolio empowers the advent of media experiences over 5G mobile networks. Stop by our demo station at Verizon’s booth to speak with our experts about VIVID’s containerized low-latency streaming workflows, smart elastic Edge CDN, and more!
- Valued Partners: We will also be displaying our technologies in several valued partners’ booths including AIMS/SMPTE (Booth W3925), Evergent (Booth W4106), Thomson Broadcast (Booth W8022) and Triveni Digital (Booth W9418).
- Broadcast Engineering and IT (BEIT) Conference: Sunday, April 24th at 1:15 p.m. PT hear “What the Future Holds for Content Protection with CDN Edge,” from our Distinguished Software Architect, Gwendal Simon. Over the past several years, there has been an increased demand for fast, effective, and lower cost antipiracy solutions, specifically watermarking. During this session, Gwendal will share the significance of edge watermarking and the value of this favored and cost-effective approach.
NAB is right around the corner, so book a demo with us now to see us in action: https://www.synamedia.com/nab-2022-schedule-a-meeting/
About the Authors:
Christelle Gental is Synamedia’s Vice President of Marketing. She has global responsibility for all aspects of Synamedia’s marketing including product marketing and marketing communications. Her experience in the video software space includes 20 years in marketing at NDS followed by Cisco.
Fernando Amendola is Synamedia’s Video Network Head of Marketing & Strategy. He is responsible for managing the Video Network GTM market strategy, product marketing, and marketing communication. With 20+ years of experience developing business growth strategies, Fernando joined Synamedia after serving as CMO at ODiN Video Services, and several product and marketing leadership positions Ericsson, Cisco, Harmonic, and Siemens.