Apr 2, 2019
LAS VEGAS (NAB Booth #SU10125) – APRIL 2, 2019 – Synamedia, the world’s largest independent video software provider, will feature its Infinite Entertainment portfolio at The 2019 NAB Show, demonstrating how Synamedia is transforming the way the world is informed and entertained.
In booth SU10125, attendees will see new features and capabilities demonstrated across the Synamedia portfolio, offering media companies, telecom and pay-TV operators innovative infrastructure transformation strategies, proactive rights enforcement security, and new ways to generate revenue.
“At Synamedia, our commitment to uncovering value and new revenue opportunities for our customers runs deep, and every day we work to bring together broadcast and OTT media services to transform video experiences,” said Yves Padrines, CEO of Synamedia. “Our roadmap, proven technologies and established industry expertise will be demonstrated at NAB via real-world scenarios, showing customers how we can enable them to extend their current offerings or add new capabilities, all while maintaining a seamless viewer experience.”
For more than 30 years, Synamedia’s technology has been securing pay-TV operators’ broadcast and streaming content, services and revenues around the world. VideoGuard currently protects more than 320 million active client devices and more than $60 billion in pay-TV revenues annually.
At NAB 2019, Synamedia will showcase:
- Video Processing: Synamedia’s video processing solutions enable media companies and operators to generate new revenue streams by securely delivering premium quality broadcast and broadband video within a converged media infrastructure – in any codec, over any network, to any screen. These technologies and solutions can match traditional broadcast quality, reliability, and cost in streaming deployments. They also enable terrestrial broadcasters and TV networks to provide ultra HD, HDR, immersive audio, targeted ads and hybrid media transport using IP. The portfolio, including never-before-seen capabilities, will be a centerpiece of Synamedia’s NAB presence.
- Infinite Platform: Infinite is a cloud services platform for pay-TV operators that processes, secures, distributes, and monetizes premium video on a wide range of consumer devices. It can be hosted in the cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid cloud deployment model. The Infinite area of Synamedia’s booth will feature its Cloud DVR offering, which is designed to help operators attract new customers, reconnect cord cutters, and increase the lifetime value of a subscriber base. The Cloud DVR solution adapts to changing industry and regulatory needs; it can be built to scale with millions of subscribers and hundreds of millions of recorded programs on a single system.
- Credentials Sharing Insight – Using behavioral analytics and machine learning, this solution helps create a better and safer experience for viewers. It analyzes OTT usage data to detect and classify credentials sharing accounts, resulting in actionable criteria for a targeted response. Real-time dashboards highlight unusual sharing activity along with the behavioral pattern of each sharer within the account. For casual password sharing, the provider can apply specific policies – such as an offer for a premium shared subscription to friends and family for a small additional fee, boosting incremental revenues. This solution can also be used to detect and shut down large-scale, for-profit accounts managed by professional hackers.
- Watermarking – Synamedia’s watermarking solutions enable content owners, broadcasters, and OTT providers to protect content at all stages of the value chain, while also addressing the varying security threats faced by distribution partners in various regions. Synamedia’s pre-integrated solution of forensic watermarking technology in ProIRDs empowers content owners and providers to quickly and reliably identify the distribution path or affiliate in case of a leak. Synamedia’s streaming watermark solutions can identify the sources of streaming piracy for live and VoD content, without requiring client integration or extra CDN load. To simplify deployment even further, its media plane enables OTT providers to leverage this pre-integrated capability out of the box for live streaming and with no impact on latency.
Synamedia’s experts will be featured on numerous panels and speaking sessions at The NAB Show, including:
- Alok Gera, CTO, will join the “Getting to OTT 2.0” panel discussion on Monday, April 8, from 7:00-8:50 am,LVCC room N235/N237
- Eli Fuchs, Senior Product Manager, will speak to Live streaming is dead, long live live streaming on Tuesday, April 9, from 9:40-10:00 am, LVCC room N260
- Orly Amsalem, Product Manager, Video security, will discuss Fun fact: you can find new revenues with security. Really, you can! on Tuesday, April 9, from 10:00-10:20 am, Connected Media|IP Presentation Theater, SU11621
- Adam Davies, Product Manager, will participate on the How can big data and analytics improve the TV experience? panel discussion on Wednesday, April 10, from 12:00-12:40 pm, Connected Media|IP Debate Theater, SU10114.
To schedule a demo with Synamedia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re helping service providers around the world to deliver, protect and monetize video content so they can win in the age of Infinite Entertainment. We do that with the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. And we’re trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, broadcasters, and media companies.
Synamedia is backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
For press and analyst queries, please contact:
Breakaway Communications for Synamedia