Jul 22, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Software Technical Lead who is interested in joining our Video Processing development team. We are developing a cutting-edge video caching solution that saves service providers bandwidth and pipelines videos for its customers. This is an exciting opportunity to implement and deploy the next generation of IP based video technology. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy software delivering video to millions around the world.
As a Software Technical Lead – Video Processing you will:
- Build new, scalable, robust software solutions to deliver Video Streaming services that run on public, private and, hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop cloud-based software platforms with integrated automation and monitoring tools
- Work with customer operations teams in a DevOps model of development and deployment
- Operate within an Agile development environment
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering degree, or 5+ years Professional Experience
- Hands-on experience working with Linux, including installation and debug
- Proficient in Python and shell languages
- Experience working in a DevOps environment on IP based video products.
- Knowledge of IP video and network technologies (such as CDN, multicast, HTTPS, HLS)
- Understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, virtual systems and VMWare, docker container concepts, AWS cloud environment deployments
- Agile experience in an open source environment, working with products such as Git, Jira, and Artifactory
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, willing to learn new technologies
- Proficient in Python and at least one of the following: Go (aka Golang) programming language, C++ or Java
- Coding experience in python and shell languages
- Hands on QA testing and automation expertise, knowledge of build process and bug creation
- Experience with software design for large scale, high transaction rate, highly-available production environments
- Expertise in customer DevOps model, supporting customers in day to day operations, feature tracking and rollout, technical development, alert processing and network trouble-shooting, upgrading and compatibility
- In depth knowledge of IP video and network technologies (such as CDN, ABR, multicast, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, HLS, clients)