Aug 30, 2020
Location: Chandlers Ford, UK
Internal ID: INF#970
At Synamedia, we are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Service Assurance is a critical business function focused on delivering customer success and is responsible for providing high quality support services to our customers.
Service Assurance is looking for highly motivated candidate to be part of our first line support team. We are working in a dynamic environment that is at the heart of an exciting business transformation to Agile and DevOps. We have a very strong focus on building great relationships, encouraging innovation, focusing on quality and celebrating our successes.
- Working in highly collaborative environment as part of a 24×7 First Line Support team.
This will include taking part in a 24/7 on call rota.
Occasional weekend working and shift work may be required.
- Provide technical support to the First Line Service Assurance team.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and incident handling for customer identified issues
- Maintain/update service desk tickets with appropriate status for incidents.
- Perform proactive monitoring of our systems in order to identify issues before they become major incidents.
- Utilise client devices as a subscriber, checking for system anomalies and raising incidents for investigation.
- Use supplied monitoring tools to proactively check correct system operation and raise incidents for investigation.
- Receive automated system events and triage and resolve as necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in System Engineering/IT Support role
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues in complex E2E systems
- Strong Linux experience
- Good communications skills, both written and spoken
- Strong customer management skills
- Knowledge/Experience of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of common monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus
- Familiarity with ITIL best practice
- Knowledge/Experience of Networking
- Experience of Database Technologies
This fantastic opportunity offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and corporate benefits package, some of which are highlighted below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional Birthday day off