Oct 14, 2020
Location: Kortrijk, Belgium
Internal ID: #1064
At Synamedia, we are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top operators, content owners and broadcasters.
We are looking for an Early in Career Engineer with a deep knowledge of code development on Linux platforms to join our engineering group working on implementing solutions in the broadcast and video technology space. You will have a desire to work on cutting edge technology, be able to generate innovative solutions to problems and ensure quality software is delivered to our customers.
Objectives of this Role
The role is development focussed, mainly working on the implementation and testing of new features on an industry leading video processing platform within scrum feature teams.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop software increments (tasks) through established practices (design, coding, unit testing and reviewing)
- Take part in daily scrums where the team shares impediments and progress on the sprint plan
- Demonstrate newly developed features to a broader audience
- Final feature testing, hardening the solution before each quarterly release
- Automation of build, test, or any other task
Skills and Qualifications
- Coding using c/c++
- Bash scripting
- Developing on Linux
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Software development concepts
- Understanding of design patterns
- Multi-layered testing
This fantastic opportunity offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and corporate benefits package.