Oct 14, 2020
Location: Jerusalem, IL
Internal ID: COSECENG #1090
At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. We are backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
Great video content enriches all our lives, but the economy for creation and distribution of amazing content is under massive threat from rampant piracy that is undermining the businesses of those that produce and distribute high quality video entertainment.
As a Data Science Team Lead, you will join the struggle against these pirates of the digital seas, by leading a team of data scientists that generate insights on top of the collected intelligence, and use data driven models to help our classification, detection and BI needs.
- Manage a team of up to four data analysts and data scientists
- Be the go-to person for data science design review, methodology and challenges
- Measure and organize tasks according to constraints vs. capacity, meeting our deadlines for deliverables
- Conduct hands-on research, research review for explaining results, and suggest improvements and new methodologies
- At least two years of relevant experience as a data science team lead, with proven experience in leading multiple research project in parallel.
- A delivery guided person, with the ability to define and monitor key metrics, understand changes in key metrics and identify new levers to help move them.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to build experiences that will support piracy detection and classification to augment existing intelligence
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand the scope of the problem and how to solve it.
- Ability to analyze data from various sources with different margin of errors, calculate distributions, predicting trends.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL and python data libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn else.
- knowledge in linear regression, clustering, categorization and other machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in data visualization techniques matplotlib, plotly or equivalent
- Creativity, innovation and self-motivation
If this role sparks your interest reach out to Moriya Shalev for more information or to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org