Oct 27, 2020
Location: Staines, UK
Internal ID: #1119
At Synamedia, we are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top operators, content owners and broadcasters.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Global Architecture team for a new Associate Architect to spearhead their career by working with some of the best architects within the video industry. You will be joining a team who are accountable for the delivery of technical elements of our world-class solutions, that are used by some of the world’s largest video content providers such as Sky, Vodafone and Comcast.
The role of Associate Architect offers a huge variety of potential experiences and opportunities to get involved in many elements of technical solutions. You could be making a hands-on contribution to proving new solutions, driving innovative new approaches to technical challenges, or owning the technical design in meeting customer requirements. The variety offered by the role is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting industry whilst enabling fast-paced professional growth.
As an Associate Architect you will be expected to provide technical leadership so should be passionate and enthusiastic about technology and not be afraid to get hands-on when required.
- Take responsibility for the technical approach of parts of the solution.
- Work with highly scalable and highly performant architectures
- Comfortable working within a public and private cloud environment
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to improve operational capabilities and platform stability.
- Collaborate with architects and technical teams throughout the organisation to ensure our technical strategy is aligned and appropriate leverage points and dependencies are identified.
- Collaborate across multiple entities within Synamedia to drive converged solutions and generate customer value propositions, including the use of POCs.
- Support requirements to Solution and Product Architecture teams to parts of the Synamedia business, critically with the Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience, seeking 2nd professional role
- Good conceptual understanding of cloud-based architectures, microservice architecture, and deployment of cloud-scale applications
- Communication, listening and influencing skills. Able to interface well with executives while working hands-on with technical teams.
- Strong business insight: ability to create customer value in solution design and ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Able to place emerging technologies and trends in context of wider strategic business aims, and present concrete actionable recommendations to diverse audiences
- Technical skills/capability (Knowledge of the following areas):
- Cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
- DevOps and aaS working models
- Interest in Architecture / Analysis / Data
- Passion and energy for technology
- Experience of software development
This fantastic opportunity offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and corporate benefits package, some of which are highlighted below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Additional Birthday day off