Jul 22, 2019
At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, with over 600 patents, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters. Every day over 300 million people use our products.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
As a Supplier / Partner Manager you will manage, monitor and assess the performance of our third party hardware and software suppliers. The success of our business relies on our Supply Chain, so this is very much a ‘hands-on’ role where you will be instrumental in driving our suppliers to provide class-leading products and services.
You will manage day-to-day interactions with a portfolio of suppliers. This will include cost price negotiations, ensuring supplier compliance to contractual obligations and evaluation of cost models / cost build up to achieve lowest cost of ownership. Further, you will liaise cross functionally within Synamedia to help deliver New Product Introductions (NPI) on budget and to schedule.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Drive continuous improvements in supplier performance: set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets and ensure they are met.
- Gain understanding of industry trends to make educated recommendations about pricing, competition, supplier optimization, and market compression.
- Reporting to Supply Chain Leadership team
- Compile and issue RFQs for a range of products, services and software. Evaluate the responses and provide recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Organize and host Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), with focus on following KPIs
- Cost reductions
- BOM cost – evaluation of alternative sources and processes
- Yield in manufacturing
- Failure analyses in tandem with colleagues in QA
- Delivery metrics and adherence to lead time measures
- Ease of doing business
- Play a key role in maintaining the optimal supply chain network in which you will collaborate with
- NPI team,
- Logistics team,
- Other members of the Sourcing team
- Evolve Existing contracts – amendments, renewals
- Identify new manufacturing partners and setup new contracts
- Conduct on-site audits e.g. twice/year
- Provide Commercial lifecycle management support through NPI, ramp up, ongoing volume production / service, end-of life planning
Personal Qualities / Experience and Qualifications:
- Problem solving – develops and implements solutions to critical & long-term problems identified throughout the product lifecycle
- Service orientated with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude. Able to cope with a pressurized and rapidly changing supply / demand environment whilst still maintaining focus on long term plans.
- Team player – able to work closely and cooperatively with cross functional teams
- Assertive and confident, with good communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Ideally educated to HNC or similar standard although in the absence of formal qualifications, relevant, in depth, experience, in a fast moving manufacturing, service or distribution-based business would be considered.
- Relevant experience in a Supply Chain / Purchasing role, buying products and / or services from multinational suppliers
- Experience of the IT / electronics industry would be an advantage. Alternatively, exposure to a similar fast moving, high volume, supply / distribution environment would be relevant.
- Accuracy with good attention to detail in facts and figures.
- Able to work on own initiative with a desire to ‘work smarter’ and with a willingness to learn.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.