Mar 4, 2020
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? Synamedia is looking for a Lead Software Engineer who is interested in joining our Next Generation Cloud DVR development team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to implement and deploy the next generation of cloud- based video technology. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy software onto cloud and private data centers that is delivering video to millions around the world.
As a Technical Lead Engineer – cDVR you will:
- Be a hand-on player coach to an engineering team building new, scalable, robust software solutions to deliver Cloud Recording and Playback services that run on public, private and, hybrid cloud environments.
- Set the example of best engineering practices in an agile dev-ops environment
- Drive the day to day development flow of an engineering team
- Supervise and mentor the junior developers
- 7+ years Professional Experience
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong passion for building new, scalable, robust software
- Proficient in at least one development language (GoLang, Java, C/C++ or similar). GoLang is our preferred language.
- Strong engineering leadership skills
- Experience in developing reliable web services in high scale environments
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker
- Experience with AWS, GCE, or Azure
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, MemSQL, MySQL, or similar
- Experience with Linux
- Experience using test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, willing to learn new technologies
Desired Skills/Skills to be learned:
- Hands on experience with modern video (ABR, MPEG-DASH/HLS, etc)
- Open Source contributions (github)
- Experience with software design for large scale, high transaction rate, highly available production environments.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.