Mar 26, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining our Cloud DVR development team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to implement and deploy the next generation of cloud- based video technology. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy software onto cloud and private data centers that are delivering video to millions around the world.
As a Software Engineer-COS you will:
- Participate in the production of highly available, highly distributed, massively scalable, robust software solutions that record and deliver video content
- Participate in the design and development of quality assurance programs, practices, and test software
- Work with world-wide infrastructure teams and data centers in a DevOps model
- Operate within an Agile development environment
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in at least one development language
- Experience using test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Experience with Linux administration and development
Desired Skills and Skills You Will Acquire:
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn new technologies
- Creative and critical thinker
- Passion for problem solving
- Determination for high quality
- Strong team collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with Git
- Experience with C++, Java, Python, Perl
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker is helpful
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, JMeter, and other test platforms is a big plus.
As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.