Feb 25, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining our Cloud DVR development team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to implement and deploy the next generation of cloud- based video technology. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy software onto cloud and private data centers that is delivering video to millions around the world.
As a Software Engineer-COS you will:
- Build new, scalable, robust software solutions to deliver Cloud Recording and playback services that run on public, private and, hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop cloud based software platforms with integrated automation and monitoring tools
- Work with Cloud infrastructure teams and data centers in a DevOps model
- Operate within an Agile development environment
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong passion for building new, scalable, robust software
- Proficient in at least one development language (Golang, Java, Python, Bash)
- Experience with databases such as Cassandra, or similar NoSQL
- Experience using test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Skills You Will Acquire:
- Experience in developing reliable web services in high scale environments
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker / NodeJS
- Strong experience with Linux deployment and administration
- DevOps tools, Jenkins, Grafana, Git, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and JIRA
As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.