Oct 14, 2019
Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? If so, you’re the type of consumer being served by Synamedia’s innovative video systems. Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
As Senior Network Engineer, you will:
- Lead the Americas Network Engineering team, developing networking solutions, testing and implementing these solutions at the regional office level, implementing upgrades, and providing day to day support for the region.
- Configure and install network devices and services – current devices include:
- Switches: Cisco 6500’s (VSS), 3850, 3750X, 2960X, 3560C
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA & Firepower
- Routers: ASR1001X, 3900 series
- Load balancers: Netscaler
- Plan and perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the rest of the Global Networking team
- Liaise with vendors, partners and other personnel for problem resolution and intersite communication (eg.VPN/GRE tunnels)
- Plan implement and document required changes and improvements to existing networks
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- CCNP or equivalent or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly desired)
- Experience in unicast and multicast dynamic routing required
- Experience with different VPN technologies including site-to-site and remote access VPNs
- Experience with network load balancers, VoIP, IP telephony, VC, and WiFi is highly desired
- Ability to create and maintain accurate technical data
- Experience establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring accesses
- Ability to play an active role in global networking group including ability to lead networking projects
- Ability to manage complicated cross-platform cases
- Liaise with project management teams, third line engineers, and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- Ability to work with vendors, integrators, and third parties.
- Experience managing budgets, people, lead complex cross-platform projects
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.