Mar 27, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Senior Network Consulting Engineer who is interested in joining our Advanced Services team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to support our growing business in the Service Provider Video market space focusing on Synamedia’s Cloud DVR solution. The team is responsible for developing services to support new IP Video solutions for Service Providers. This position involves working with both customers and internal developers.
As a Senior Network Consulting Engineer you will:
- Lead individual work streams and or entire projects involving multiple work streams.
- Collaborate with a distributed team including customers, developers and product managers.
- Guide and Mentor other team members.
- Track & report progress of activities on project / work stream.
- Develop and review comprehensive design guides, test plans & test reports.
- Provide escalation support to other NCE’s during Install, Configure & Test activities of complex SP video solutions per design.
- Provide technical leadership during troubleshooting & problem resolution in deployment of complex SP Video solutions.
- Significant work experience (6+ years) in Service Provider Solutions (e.g. cable TV, Video on Demand, Video operations, IP Data, Voice or Video networks) and/or design of complex IT Data Center Solutions, especially involving Cloud, Virtualization and Video technologies
- Ability to travel approximately 25-40% – varies by project
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to adapt in a multi-disciplinary, complex environment
- Experience and ability to work with global teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Understanding of ABR protocols, DRM, content distribution networks, encoding, transcoding, content and/or asset management solutions a plus
- Experience creating and adopting deployment best practices a plus
Desired Skills and/or Skills You Will Acquire:
- cDVR experience a plus
- Industry Certifications such as CCIE, VMWare VCP, Redhat RHCE, OpenShift, Docker Containers, MemSQL a plus
- Be able to work with clients in the Denver area as a primary delivery lead for Day 0/1 and Day 2 support.
- Work with internal sales team to develop proposals and customer requirements.
- Primary delivery interface with the customer to ensure consistent messaging
As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.