Nov 28, 2019
Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? If so, you’re the type of consumer being served by Synamedia’s innovative video systems. Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll work with a geographically distributed team producing a video wholesaling solution built on top of an advanced microservices framework. This Cloud born SaaS application is used by world’s largest MSO and provides advanced video services to retail cable providers and, ultimately, to millions of subscribers.
As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Develop comprehensive test plans from requirements and user stories in an AGILE environment
- Author and execute test cases
- Test distributed software systems and web applications
- Investigate new technologies and implement/integrate them as needed
- Write and execute unit and integration tests (i.e. Junit)
- Collaborate with distributed development and test teams
- 3+ years deriving comprehensive test plans from requirements and user stories in an Agile environment, and authoring and execution of test cases
- 3+ years SoapUI/ReadyAPI experience
- 3+ years working with RESTful services
- 3+ years testing distributed software systems and Web applications
- 3 years Linux Scripting (Bourne/Bash/Ruby/Python)
- 3 years OOP experience (Java, C++, or similar language)
- 3 years working with software deployed in highly distributed, preferably cloud-based, environments spanning data centers.
Desired Skills and/or Skills you will acquire:
- Strong understanding of software quality assurance methodology
- Java programming experience
- Performance Testing experience (jMeter)
- Non-functional Testing experience
- Experienced in providing effort estimates in an Agile environment
- Able to work in the full development lifecycle
- Has excellent troubleshooting skills
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.