Aug 15, 2019
Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? If so, you’re the type of consumer being served by Synamedia’s innovative video systems. Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
You will be responsible for managing Synamedia’s Cloud DVR solution and the associated video products. These products include video processing and storage products (packagers, recorders, video storage) as well as cloud hosted applications providing service management and control. You will be responsible for developing the market strategy for these products, working closely with development teams in articulating product requirements, overseeing product development, and working closely with customers as they select and implement Synamedia’s video services.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Product definition and lifecycle management from concept to launch for cDVR products. This includes business and product planning, product requirements definition, and articulation of value of and evangelism of the product line to key audiences, including sales, customers, strategic partners and the video industry
- Establish, maintain, and drive the product roadmaps
- Identify and embrace market and innovation opportunities
- Perform market analysis, cost analysis, pricing analysis, and product forecasting
- Develop product positioning and competitive analysis including product pricing and packaging
- Study business and service analytics and trends to identify new opportunities.
- Contribute to overall portfolio strategy
- Evaluate and develop new business models for service deployment and consumption
- 7+ years of experience with video services and the preparation and distribution of video streams.
- Must have minimum 5+ years of product management experience, or previous experience in strategy development, business development, partnership development, and/or solutions marketing
- Technical background in video subjects: ABR formats, object storage, content distribution, transcoding, packaging.
- Solid business and operational understanding of web/OTT, telco, cable and broadcast solutions.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (Jira)
- Extraordinary business judgement, communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the leadership team and with high-touch customers and business partners
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills required to work with a variety of team members.
- Energy, passion, and an outstanding attitude
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.