Aug 6, 2019
We are looking for an experienced network engineer to join our UK based group who are responsible for managing Corporate, Lab and Customer network environments. As a group we work closely with the rest of our Global Networking team based mainly in Israel, India and the US.
Globally, the team is responsible for 20-30 offices of varying in size from small sales site to larger offices with several hundred users and very complex lab environments. Three major offices fall under the responsibility of the UK team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of experience with a wide range of Cisco switches/routers and Firewalls and an in-depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
A strong background in dynamic routing protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP will be required, and experience with Multicast routing – PIM, IGMPv2 & 3 would be a particular advantage.
A high level of Cisco firewall management experience is a necessary requirement, as we need someone who will be capable of taking over day-to-day management of firewall policies almost from day one. We maintain many site to site VPN’s so IPSEC setup and diagnostic experience is crucial.
A strong background with Cisco Wifi solutions, both WLC/WCS based and Meraki will be an advantage.
- Configure and install network devices and services – current devices include:
- Switches: Cisco 6500’s (VSS), 3850, 3750X, 2960X, 3560C
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA & Firepower
- Routers: ASR1001X, 3900 series
- Load balancers: Netscaler
- Plan and perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the rest of the Global Networking team
- Liaise with vendors, partners and other personnel for problem resolution and intersite communication (eg.VPN/GRE tunnels)
- Plan implement and document required changes and improvements to existing networks
- CCNP or equivalent, or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols especially: BGP,OSPF,EIGRP PIM, IGMPv2+3, 802.11 (IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Strong technical documentation
- Good communication skills