Jan 27, 2020
- Researching the laws and case law on piracy and anti-piracy cases in countries of interest to Synamedia.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing cases with courts
- Helping prepare for legal action by organizing exhibits and evidence
- Preparing briefs and other legal documents.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including active participation with customers, in cases, if needed.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Assisting with the lobbying for and justification and drafting of relevant legislation
- Keeping legal/case database up-to-date
Some travel overseas may be required
- 5 years of paralegal or legal advisor or equivalent experience
- BA or equivalent certificate of completion of legal or paralegal training from a known university or college.
- An aptitude for all things technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional collaboration skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in team oriented environment.