Aug 28, 2019
Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? If so, you’re the type of consumer being served by Synamedia’s innovative video systems. Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
As a Java Software Developer, you’ll work with a geographically distributed team (London, Toronto, and Massachusetts) producing a video wholesaling solution built on top of an advanced micro services framework. This Cloud born SaaS application is used by world’s largest MSO and provides advanced video services to retail cable providers and, ultimately, to millions of subscribers.
As a Java Software Developer, you will:
- Develop and debug Java based RESTful Web Services applications
- Investigate new technologies and implement/integrate them as needed
- Write and execute unit and integration tests (i.e. Junit)
- Collaborate with distributed development and test teams
- 3+ years’ experience in coding and debugging java based, RESTful Web Services applications in a Cloud-based distributed environment
- 3+ years’ experience with Spring frameworks. Including: Spring Core (Security, Data, Caching, ,OXM) Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Spring metrics.
- 3+ years’ with Linux
- 3+ years’ experience with noSQL data stores (REDIS or MongoDB)
- 3-5 years’ collaborating with distributed development and test teams
- 1-3 years’ executing in an Agile Development environment
- 1-3 years’ experience with Jenkins/CI/CD
Desired Skills and/or Skills you will acquire::
- Experience with Git, Maven
- Some experience with Sr. developer topics such as (desired, but NOT mandatory):
- Application integration
- Application profiling and Performance testing
- Familiarity with UI frameworks such as AngularJS
- Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experienced in providing effort estimates
- Able to work in the full development lifecycle
- Has excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledgeable with:
- Enterprise Integration Patterns – Mandatory
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of Angular/JS is a plus
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.