Jul 22, 2019
At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, with over 600 patents, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters. Every day over 300 million people use our products.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
Provide a high quality value add business partner service to the Vice-Presidents of Services and Product Management covering all aspects of Finance support. This covers budgets, forecasts, actuals, reporting, cost management, business cases preparation and evaluation and ad-hoc financial analysis. Provide cover to peer business partner for Engineering and CTO (based in Atlanta) and also consolidation where needed of the entire R&D P&L and Balance Sheet (where applicable).
- Headcount and expense budget planning (regular employees and contractors).
- Headcount and expense forecasting (regular employees and contractors).
- Non staff costs budget planning and forecasting.
- Updating and maintaining the departmental/managerial structure within Microsoft Dynamic 365 and all related systems.
- Review and approve recruiting requisitions prior to Mark Readman approval.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions – value thresholds to be set.
- Preparation, review and approval of budget transfers and cross charges.
- Reporting (Month End, Quarter End, ad hoc, budget v actual, procurement reports, travel reports etc) in conjunction with colleagues. Monthly management pack with good quality commentary including necessary mitigation actions.
- Preparation of month end accruals in conjunction with colleagues in Accounting.
- Business case preparation support for all R&D Investment spending. Working with colleagues in the product management, commercial and engineering teams.
- Team working with colleagues in Operations, HR and Country Finance.
- Supporting crucial work on Product P&L’s and Customer P&L’s.
- Support to company cost take out programmes, including the tracking of costs and benefits of them.
- Leadership role in ensuring D365 is set up correctly to support your units.
- Leadership role in the set up and maintenance of Product Hierarchy & Product dimensions/attributes within D365 and the change management thereof.
- Ensuring integrity of all project reporting and time-recording.
- Provide ad hoc and one time excel and other financial modelling support to the Vice-Presidents of Services and Product Management.
- Liaising extremely closely with colleagues in country and regional finance to support the above, especially on matters of accounting integrity and audit.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Fully qualified accountant.
- Developed interpersonal skills able to build collaborative relationships at all levels, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Commercial acumen to inform strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Strong all round financial skills.
- An already developed ability to act as trusted advisor to leaders.
- Equipped to provide input, opinions and expertise with all leaders across the business.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and to deadlines.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.