Head of the system and architecture team
Sep 3, 2019
he Engineering Services group is building a DevOps team to provide support to a global engineering and services organisation with over 3,000 engineers.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Engaging closely with architects and development engineering teams to deliver scalable services to support the complete software lifecycle with minimal/zero downtime.
- Working in partnership with cross-functional teams in the capacity of delivering applications to production through various controls and operationalizing them for support.
- Build automation scripts and frameworks to improve operational processes and procedures.
- Learn, deploy and document newer technologies for the potential deployment of services
- Support escalations as needed.
- Extensive experience configuring, deploying and administering Jira, Clarity PPM and Confluence.
- In-depth Windows, Linux or other Unix system administration experience.
- Previous experience delivering a new product, including methodologies, for an enterprise solution.
- Must be flexible, collaborative, have strong initiative and be a clear communicator.
- Must be good at setting up and troubleshooting environments
- Experience in deployment automation, monitoring and maintaining large-scale services with various underlying dependencies in a complex environment.
- Strong knowledge/experience with Application and Infrastructure Delivery automation, orchestration and configuration management.
- Experience managing Cloud migrations and operating within cloud environments. (VMware,vSphere, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud)
- Experience with physical and virtual Networking
- Continued establishment of best in class DevOps development, automation and deployment practices, policies and standards.
- Experience with BASH & Python programming/scripting languages.
- User management – LDAP, SSO
- Network knowledge – TCP/IP, DNS, NTP
- Service Monitoring rollout – Solar Winds/ Nagios or similar
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (Ruby, Perl etc.)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting VMs in a virtual environment
- Experience with Application Load balancing and network troubleshooting.
- Exposure to / working knowledge of the following tools: Artifactory, Bitbucket, ClearCase, Code Collaborator, Coverity, Docker, Gerrit, GitHub, Jenkins, Rally, SonarQube, Subversion (SVN)