Nov 19, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Do you consume video from a variety of sources, watching it where and when you want? Synamedia is looking for a Deployment Lead who is interested in joining our Deployment team at our Lawrenceville, GA office. Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
The Deployment Lead is responsible for leading a team of Deployment Engineers tasked with deploying and supporting a set of cloud based video products. Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm, a dedication to meeting deadlines, and producing high quality results are a must. The candidate must be able to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple stakeholders, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines. This position requires the ability to support and manage 24×7 escalations for critical customer issues. Must be incredibly customer focused and willing to go above and beyond to resolve issues.
As a Deployment Lead you will:
- Oversight of resources responsible for software and hardware implementations, code upgrades, testing, troubleshooting, and support for large scale video customer implementations
- Prioritization and management of project work across a geographically dispersed team and customer base
- Ability to assess and develop team members’ strengths, aligned to capability needs, supporting strong delivery results to ensure the success of our customers
- Generates an inclusive workgroup environment which encourages cross-group collaboration and a growth mindset
- Support and manage Tier 2 escalations from Tier 1 on 24x7x365 on-call rotations
- Highlight and drive continual improvement opportunities back into Engineering and Development teams
- Lead technical discussions with customers to articulate status for ongoing projects, service disruptions, or future engagements
- Support for development of new customer proposals
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience
- 8 years + experience in video streaming technologies in an operational or delivery role
- 5+ years leading technical delivery and/or support teams of 10+ resources
- Extensive troubleshooting experience is a MUST
- Proven video streaming and media workflow experience in ABR video technologies
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented with excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical personnel in a competent and concise way
- Experience with virtualized and cloud-based solutions
- Experience with large video customers in the cable and media space.
- Technical experience with Networking, Linux, VMWare, Open Shift, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.