Apr 2, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Customer Systems Support Engineer who is interested in joining our Digital Rights Management team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our customers to deploy and improve the next generation of cloud- based video technology.
As a Customer Systems Support Engineer you will:
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and rectify customer application issues.
- Investigate, identify root cause of customer issues.
- Work with world-wide development teams, infrastructure teams, and data centers in a DevOps model
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux administration, Linux shell scripting, and IP Networking
- Experience with Virtualization – AWS, VMWare, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Python and Java experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills
- Customer Support mindset
Desired Skills and Skills You Will Acquire:
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, HTTP, Splunk, Kibana, and Elasticsearch.
- Creative and critical thinker.
- Passion for problem solving.
As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.