Oct 17, 2019
Synamedia is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Synamedia Video Network TAC EMEAR team. The core skills needed are Linux, with OpenStack and VMWare, for our proprietary technology we can develop your skills further.
We invite you to join some of the industry’s brightest minds in developing, deploying and supporting today’s most advanced video technologies. In this job role, you will be a part of our Video Network TAC team supporting a range of products that are critical in the Service Provider market. You will have the opportunity to develop strong video technology skills in areas like Video, SW Applications and Data-Networking. You must be willing to learn, adapt, and embrace lots of change in this rapidly evolving market. We look for a candidate that can show aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, applying this to solve customer issues remotely, and drive customer satisfaction.
As a member of the Technical Assistance Center, you will provide the last line of support for Synamedia customers worldwide. Together you will act as the expertise centre on Video and SW application technologies.
- Reports to a TAC team manager.
- Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge. Effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
- Connects directly with Synamedia customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues. Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Synamedia.
- You will provide technical support to partners and/or customers for Synamedia technologies, products, and/or solutions.
- You will typically be responsible for resolving moderately to highly complex technical problems, depending on the customers’ need.
- You will simulate technical problems in lab environment.
- You will share your knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- You will provide internal and/or external technical presentations (cross-training)
- You will work with several teams (e.g. engineering/sales) to achieve our common goals to solve customer problems and enhance our products.
- You will work closely with your colleagues to achieve common goals.
- You will strive to technical excellence and expertise
Travel / Shifts:
- Occasional travel to customer / meeting / training possible
- Job holders will work to European office hours and provide regular weekend support
- Knowledge of basic principles of system, network, storage, database, security, etc.
- Proficient computer skills, familiar with Microsoft, Linux, Unix, experience with TCP/IP network
- Hands-on experience working with Linux, including installation and debug
- Understanding of configuration and use of MySQL, PL/pgSQL, Oracle, MongoDB or other databases
- Experience with cloud platform, KVM, Xen, OpenStack, VMware – virtualization technology
- IP networking knowledge: CCNA or equivalent
Advantageous / Skills to be learned:
- Video technology: Digital TV, VoD, MPEG, ABR, MPEG-DASH, HLS, Cloud DVR etc.
- Routing Protocols: CCNP equivalent knowledge or higher in IP networking
- Scripting: example Python, Perl, bash
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana – ELK stack / Splunk
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker
- Familiar with AWS, GCE, or Azure
- Knowledge of monitoring tools: SNMP, northbound interface, Linux monitoring, MMS (MongoDB Management Services)
- Authentication Protocols: RADIUS, Diameter
- Fluent English speaker (essential)
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Flexible: Very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential)
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential)
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand (essential)
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement (essential)
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
- Bachelor’s in computer studies or Engineering or equivalent (essential)
- Cisco and other relevant technical certification (advantageous)