Mar 25, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? Synamedia is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining our Cloud DVR development team. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud video streaming solution that records and plays back billions of hours of video every year. This is an exciting opportunity to implement and deploy the next generation of cloud- based video technology. You will have the opportunity to develop, integrate, test, and deploy software onto cloud and private data centers that is delivering video to millions around the world.
As a Cloud Software Engineer you will:
- Build new, scalable, robust software in a continuous integration workflow.
- Develop and deploy in the cloud environment, perform automated scalability test and production support.
- Design and develop private and public cloud software services with integrated automation and monitoring tools.
- Work with Cloud infrastructure teams and data centers in a DevOps model.
- Operate within an Agile development environment in a Scrum team.
- 5 to 8 years of software design and development experience.
- Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in development language (Golang, Java, NodeJS, Swift/Objective-C, Python or similar).
- Good understanding of data structure, algorithm complexity, and time/space tradeoff.
- Good understanding of High-Availability, Cluster architectures and deployments.
- Desire to learn new technologies is essential.
- Experience developing a product, software as a service in a high volume/high availability, cloud environment.
Desired Skills and Skills You Will Acquire:
- Understanding of microservice architectures.
- Application development with Android or iOS.
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment (CI/CD), and test automation.
- Experience designing, creating and deploying services with container technology.
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB or similar.
- Understanding XML and JSON data structures.
- Experience with software design for large scale, high transaction rate production environments.
- Understanding of Docker, Docker-Compose and Kubernetes.
As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.