Oct 30, 2019
We are working in a dynamic environment that is at the heart of an exciting business transformation to Agile and DevOps. We are a central team who provides Cloud Accounts to teams within Synamedia and govern the Cloud estate. We have a very strong focus in developing Cloud FinOps capability and running cost optimisation initiatives to help make our Cloud products competitive.
We’re looking for AWS Devops engineers to join us in this journey in developing Cloud Account vending/governance setup and a FinOps system to help expose cloud costings and areas for cost efficiency improvements.
- Build highly interactive relationships — both within the team and within the business.
- Automation of account vending and support development of account governance setup.
- Define key metrics for measuring Cloud infrastructure usage efficiency and develop cost visualisation tools at both Infrastructure and Kubernetes levels.
- Develop automation tools and polices to improve Cloud infrastructure usage.
- Support improvements of Synamedia product for cost efficiency
- Manage Cloud Service Requests, Incidents and Problems.
- Develop tools, scripts, or processes to make things better.
- Minimum 2 years IT industry experience.
- 2+ years AWS Devops working experience
- Python (required, with boto3 preferable)
- Understand Serverless computing concepts (required)
- Experience of CI concepts and building CI pipelines
- Understand how to use Git in a distributed team
- Multi-account operation
- AWS certification (very desirable)
- Cloudformation (required)
- Terraform (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of AWS and Kubernetes technologies
- Understanding of common monitoring tools such as ELK, Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, Cloudhealth
- Scripting skills.
- Deep interest in optimising workload on AWS and ‘designing for Cost’ to help develop Cloudy FinOps systems here at Synamedia.