Jul 22, 2019
At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, with over 600 patents, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters. Every day over 300 million people use our products.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
The Cloud Services teams is looking for highly motivated candidates to join our team. We are working in a dynamic environment that is at the heart of an exciting business transformation to Agile and DevOps. We are a central team who provides Cloud Accounts to teams within Synamedia and govern the Cloud estate. We have a very strong focus in developing Cloud FinOps capability and running cost optimisation initiatives to help make our Cloud products competitive.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join us in this journey in developing a FinOps system to help process data, visualise cloud costings and key metrics and identify areas for Cloud cost efficiency improvements.
- Define key metrics for measuring Cloud infrastructure usage efficiency and develop cost visualisation tools at both Infrastructure and Kubernetes levels.
- Develop tools and scripts to process data from various AWS data sources.
- Analyse data to develop key performance, costs and utilisation metrics.
- Support improvements of Synamedia product for cost efficiency
- Minimum 2 years IT industry experience.
- 2+ years Data Analytics experience
- Knowledge of AWS database technologies eg. RDS, DynamoDB
- Knowledge of ETL Tools and processes
- Knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or Quicksight
- SQL and Python Scripting
- Proficient Linux Skills
- Experience of CI concepts and building CI pipelines
- Understand how to use Git in a distributed team
- Desire to learn machine learning and anomaly detection
- Understanding of common monitoring tools such as ELK, Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, Cloudhealth
- Scripting skills.
- Experience of developing on Cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Deep interest in optimising workload on AWS and ‘designing for Cost’ to help develop Cloudy FinOps systems here at Synamedia.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.