Jul 22, 2019
At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, with over 600 patents, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters. Every day over 300 million people use our products.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
The Cloud Services teams is looking for highly motivated candidates to join our team. We are working in a dynamic environment that is at the heart of an exciting business transformation to Agile and DevOps. We are a central team who provides Cloud Accounts to teams within Synamedia and govern the Cloud estate. We have a very strong focus in developing Cloud FinOps capability and running cost optimisation initiatives to help make our Cloud products competitive.
We’re looking for like minded AWS Devops engineers to join us in this journey in developing Cloud Account vending/governance setup and a FinOps system to help expose cloud costings and areas for cost efficiency improvements.
- Build highly interactive relationships — both within the team and within the business.
- Automation of account vending and support development of account governance setup.
- Define key metrics for measuring Cloud infrastructure usage efficiency and develop cost visualisation tools at both Infrastructure and Kubernetes levels.
- Develop automation tools and polices to improve Cloud infrastructure usage.
- Support improvements of Synamedia product for cost efficiency
- Manage Cloud Service Requests, Incidents and Problems.
- Develop tools, scripts, or processes to make things better
- 2+ years AWS Devops working experience
- Python (required, with boto3 preferable)
- Understand Serverless computing concepts (required)
- Experience of CI concepts and building CI pipelines
- Understand how to use Git in a distributed team
- Multi-account operation
- AWS certification (very desirable)
- Cloudformation (required)
- Terraform (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of AWS and Kubernetes technologies
- Understanding of common monitoring tools such as ELK, Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, Cloudhealth
- Scripting skills.
- Deep interest in optimising workload on AWS and ‘designing for Cost’ to help develop Cloudy FinOps systems here at Synamedia.
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.