Aug 6, 2019
Do you watch TV? Do you stream videos to your computer, phone, or tablet? As an independent business, Synamedia is committed to providing the world’s most complete, secure and advanced end-to-end open video delivery solution. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, the firm is the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Reporting directly to the Head of US Cable Sales, you will be responsible for all aspects of account management at Charter Communications. This includes but is not limited to: Sales cycle activities, Account Communications, RFP/RFQ/RFI responses, business development, product development support, certification, approvals, procurement activities (POs, logistics, AR, etc.), customer service, executive readouts.
As an Account Executive – Charter Communications, you will:
- Have responsibility for Senior Account management and business development responsibilities for Charter Communications and any affiliates.
- Provide strategic account planning, accurate customer forecasts, attend all sales related meetings, perform Executive Quarterly Review with customers, attend all relative customer meetings and manage customer expectations/requests.
- Identify business development opportunities and develop a sales opportunity funnel/pipeline
- Support internal teams as required within North and South America through extensive customer contact networks.
- Work with customer product/project stakeholders to develop project budgets, gain product/project funding approval and provide direction for approved programs
- Work directly with internal BUs in the creation of actionable product strategies and roadmaps (specifically, to ensure that proper consideration is given to technical feasibility, opportunity costs and resource constraints when determining product features and timing)
- Strong technical problem solving abilities in telecommunications platforms with a focus on video delivery systems, however, experience is access networks, data networks and IP distribution platforms is a benefit
- Ability to work with internal engineering and product teams to identify and recommend options in leveraging core strengths, thus allowing rapid product development and product launches against our customer’s needs and requirements.
- 10+ years sales experience in cable/telecommunications industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in a multi-organizational, complex, technology-focused, cross-product environment
- Experience working in/with engineering teams, subscriber services, IP and video networks, product development and program deployment of large scale service delivery initiatives.
- Candidate must have strong negotiation, communication, and task management skills and have the ability to balance competing priorities in a very dynamic/fast paced environment
- Self-managing/motivating with proven/demonstrable written, verbal, and visual presentation skills. Excellent planning, prioritizing and organizational skills required
- Excellent executive-level presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries at all levels, with a strong understanding of technical terminology, business process, and high-level communications and presentation best practices.
- An understanding of new product development, next generation roadmaps, migration strategies, tools delivery and risk management
- Ability to clearly and concisely characterize delivery objectives and release milestones
- Ability to travel 25% or as required
Synamedia is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Synamedia will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.